December 22, 2015
Backers, great news! We’ve passed our FCC and CE certifications and have just started full-scale manufacturing.
In the near term, we have a couple of action items for you:
- Visit trycelery.com/myorders (http:////trycelery.com/myorders) and make sure your address is correct
- Check your payment information, either at the link above or on Paypal (depending on which you used) and make sure the card you used has not expired
We will be charging pre-orders on January 4th. Please complete the above tasks (a ~1 minute effort) by then, as they ensure you will receive your Tessel 2.
What happens next?
- Our manufacturer (Seeed) begins churning out boards: printing the circuit boards, assembling the chips, flashing and testing them with Testalators
- We keep improving the software (see current milestones (https://github.com/tessel/project/issues/106) - you’re welcome to join!)
- Seeed ships international orders; we will distribute orders in the United States
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 until everyone has their orders
We’re extremely excited to move into this next phase, and hope you find Tessel 2 worth the wait.
Much love, The Tessel Project